Passengers waiting for trains originating from Dhanbad are in for some good news. Most of the trains that start from Dhanbad are to resume soon. Railways have started preparations to run 11 important train pairs via Dhanbad Railway Division. Seven of these start from Dhanbad station. Four pairs of trains are from the CIC section of Dhanbad Railway Division. These trains will be run in phases with five pairs of trains starting in first and second phase each while one pair of trains will run in the third phase. After receiving the letter received from East Central Railway headquarters, Dhanbad Railway Division has sent the list of trains to the headquarters, the start date of the running of these trains will be announced soon.
• 13351-13352 Dhanbad Alleppy Express
• 13329-13330 Dhanbad Patna Ganga Damodar Express
• 22387-22388 Black Diamond Express
• 23347-23348 Barkakhana Patna Palamu Express
• 23347-23348 Singrauli Patna Palamu Link Express
• 13303-13304 Dhanbad Ranchi Intercity
• 13305-13306 Dhanbad Gaya Intercity
• 13331-13332 Dhanbad Patna Intercity
• 13345-13346 Singrauli Varanasi Intercity
• 23345-23346 Shaktinagar Varanasi Intercity Link Express
• 13301-13302 Dhanbad Tatanagar Swarnarekha Express
The trains passing through Dhanbad will return on the track as well. According to sources from railways, preparations are to start Howrah Jabalpur Shaktipunj Express as well. The train will connect West Bengal, Jharkhand, UP and Madhya Pradesh and will come as a relief for passengers looking to travel between these states.